Friday 21 June 2013

Re-writing history

This page is written in response to the lies that +Phil Daintree has written about me, and spread on the internet. Despite years of searching he has been unable to find anything I have written that is untrue, and he has had to resort to vague generalities, faked emails, and badly fabricated screenshots (you can see the joins if you zoom in using any bit mapped image editor). +Phil Daintree is welcome to make any comments to these pages, as he has done in the past. If I agree with what he says I will amend my writings, if I do not agree I have allowed his comments to stand next to mine so that people can make their own judgements. I have every confidence in the intelligence of readers to make a sensible judgement based on the facts. +Phil Daintree will not allow me the right of reply to any of the lies he has told about me. It seems to me significant that he realises that if people see both sides of the argument they will see through his lies.

Phil Daintree has started editing and deleting posts of mine on the nabble forums in order to show a version of history that he wants people to believe rather than the reality.

This is typical of the dishonest way that the webERP project is currently being run.

I will re-instate my posts, but it is guaranteed that he will just repeat his actions, and remove the real posts, and just insert his own as mine.

Meanwhile users should be aware that the views that seem to come from me are not necessarily mine, and should be treated with caution.

I also urge others who post to the nabble forums to carefully check any posts they have made, to ensure that theirs have also not been changed by Phil.

4 comments:

  1. Should we also be checking what things we have posted on the forum at weberp.org to see if they have been changed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it would always be worth checking that they weren't being tampered with, you never know. I have no evidence, but then the advice I give on those forums is always deleted.

      Thanks
      Tim

      Delete
  2. Maybe it is better if you just not post there?

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon,

      I believe very strongly in the right of free speech. If there is a dispute between two people in a community like webERP, then let all the facts be put to the community and they can decide themselves. If people read both sides of this dispute and agree with me then fine, if they read both sides and agree with Phil, then that is also fine. That is there right in a free community. What I abhor is the way that Phil uses his control over the webERP channels of communication to libel me, to bully and abuse people who even mention my name. It seems to me that Phil's censorship of any dissent is in itself a confession of wrong doing.

      Thanks
      Tim

      Delete