Monday 1 April 2013

Phil Daintree's shameless lies - Part 4

This page is written in response to the lies that +Phil Daintree has written about me, and spread on the internet. Despite years of searching he has been unable to find anything I have written that is untrue, and he has had to resort to vague generalities, faked emails, and badly fabricated screenshots (you can see the joins if you zoom in using any bit mapped image editor). +Phil Daintree  is welcome to make any comments to these pages, as he has done in the past. If I agree with what he says I will amend my writings, if I do not agree I have allowed his comments to stand next to mine so that people can make their own judgements. I have every confidence in the intelligence of readers to make a sensible judgement based on the facts. +Phil Daintree will not allow me the right of reply to any of the lies he has told about me. It seems to me significant that he realises that if people see both sides of the argument they will see through his lies.


As with anything I publish, anybody (except the viagara  salesmen) can comment on my blog. I make a public commitment that I will not attempt to forge or censor any posts, as goes on in all the communication channels on webERP. If Phil Daintree wishes to dispute anything in this blog he is free to do so. If I am wrong I will alter my post. I trust in the common sense and intelligence of people to read the facts and to make up their own minds.

Lie number 6 - Phil Daintree's outrageous libel against Kalmer Piiskop and myself

I didn't intend  to write another of these so quickly after the last one, but I am very annoyed on behalf of Kalmer and myself. At 12.56 pm BST on the 31/3/2013 Kalmer sent a bug fix into the webERP developers mailing list. As it was a serious problem I immediately applied the fix, and updated the webERP subversion repository.

At 22.06pm on the same day Phil Daintree then wrote a nasty and abusive email to the same list accusing Kalmer and I of trying to undermine the project by deliberately making Phil Daintree's life more difficult. He threatened me with the removal of my commit access. The basis of his accusations seemed to be that the commit produced a large diff (actually only 166 lines that takes a few seconds to scan if you view the code side by side as is possible with sourceforge). I sent the reply below to the mailing list but Phil Daintree has rejected it:


Phil,

This email is deeply offensive both to Kalmer and myself. You sent
this email accusing us of playing silly tricks and trying to make your
life difficult, whilst all that had happened was Kalmer sent a patch
to improve webERP and I committed it.

The email was sent at 22.06 BST on 31/3/13. Then at 22.17 BST on
31/3/13 you applied Kalmer's patch yourself and got precisely the same
diff back that I had got.

Both Kalmer and I are way too busy for the sort of silly games you
play. If you spent your time developing instead of trying to come up
with ever more bizarre ways to stop me helping people on the forums
webERP would be the gainer.

Where is your apology to us? Have you really sunk this low that you
should make allegations like this on a public mailing list?

Any forks I contribute to, (and for that matter the one you help
sponsor) are not in competition with us at webERP. They share code
freely. We are all after the same thing. There is no hiding code till
after the release has been done. We can (and do) take their code and
include it when we want. Please either start behaving respectfully to
the contributors to webERP or leave the project.

Thanks
Tim

As I have stated in previous blog posts I am perfectly happy to debate any issue with Phil Daintree, with no forgeries or censorship. It seems he is not so honourable as he makes these libels against webERP contributors, and then refuses that person the opportunity to respond. This is a truly despicable way to behave.

I have never, and will never do anything to harm the project. I have spent many thousands of hours working on webERP and many thousands of pounds promoting it. I find it cowardly and despicable for Phil Daintree to use his absolute control of all the project resources to spread his lies about me like this. It is about time he moved on.

Here is a screenshot of my editor showing Phil Daintree's windows line endings on his file.


Please note that Phil has now apologised for this lie. The full text of his apology is as follows:

Sorry Tim, I apologise unreservedly - I can see this is not a silly trick to make life deliberately more difficult for me. It is a sad reflection of the state of our relationship that I automatically assume the worst. I should check my facts in future.

 

Phil 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment